Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16om7mwgf

Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Mothers Day Sunday

Mother's Day is all about love and sharing and appreciation...
and today,
warmest thoughts are about you
a woman who shares so much
of herself with others
and whose life shows so clearly
the wonderful meaning
of love

Happy Mother's Day

My Mother was a wonderful cook.  She would stay in the kitchen for hours. She took great pride in making all her meals delectable.  When my husband and I were dating she made sure her famous 5 flavor pound cake was always available on the week-ends after football games and dates. 
She has been in Heaven since December 12, 1990, and in her honor I'm going to share her recipe with
you.  She topped the cake with a chocolate fudge boiled icing.

My Moms 5 Flavor Pound Cake
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup veg. shortening
3 cups sugar
5 eggs well beaten
3 cups All-purpose flour (don't sub.)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup milk
1 teaspoon of  the following flavorings:
coconut
rum
butter
lemon
vanilla
Cream butter & shortening & sugar until light & fluffy.  Add eggs
which have been beaten until lemon colored.  Combine flour & baking
powder.  Add cream  mixture alternating with milk.  Stir in flavoring.
Pour mixture into greased tube-pan.  Bake at 325 degrees for
1 1/2 hours or until done.
Icing is optional



1 comment:

  1. I remember Mama always having the best cakes too=) I love the picture! Thank You for posting this recipe!! I'm gona attempt it=)

    ReplyDelete