Read More http://www.kevinandamanda.com/whatsnew/tutorials/how-to-use-a-cute-font-for-your-blogger-post-titles.html#ixzz16om7mwgf

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Thank You

Expressing gratitude is more than just two little words we are taught as children. I taught my children three little words; thank you and please. These words begin for children, the lesson of social graces in our society. It’s important for them to say thank you, but it shouldn’t just stop with them saying these words. Gratitude goes much deeper, and as they get older we should teach them the deeper meaning of thank you. Teach them to be thankful for all that they’ve been given, and everything they enjoy in the world around them. In order to teach we must be examples, and show an attitude of gratitude for all that we have and enjoy.

This week we celebrated Veterans Day, and I’m thankful for the men and women who have served in our armed forces. Many of these have served in unfriendly places, away from their home and family. Numerous have given their lives for us that we might live in peace and enjoy our freedom. I’m thankful for our American flag that waves in recognition of our freedom.

I’m thankful for a faithful loving husband who not only served his country, but serves his God, and provides for his family. I’m thankful for my children and grandchildren, and the good times we enjoy with each other and the memories we make.

I’m thankful for my Bible, for it’s my roadmap as I navigate this life.

I’m thankful for the good health we enjoy, and the medical Drs., nurses, clinical researchers, and others who contribute to our health and welfare.

I’m thankful for a nice warm home and all it contents, I have a warm comfy bed to retire in at night. I’m thankful for the warm blankets I’m surrounded with.

I’m thankful for all the good friends I’v made over the years.

I’m thankful that after I got up this morning I went downstairs and looked in a full pantry and refrigerator and had choices I could make for breakfast.

I’m thankful for the car I have that takes me to the places I need to go.

I’m thankful for our law enforcement officers that keep some semblance of order in our everyday life. Without them and the office they represent our towns and country would be in chaos. We must have and teach our children respect for them and the authority they represent.

I could go on and on…………….but I think I will stop here and say: Let’s teach our children to love one another, to give to one another unselfishly. Teach them to respect authority and leadership. To love their God and their country. To me this is what the words “thank you” mean. I’m so thankful I have so much to be thankful for. We need to not only say thank you, but BE Thankful.

No comments:

Post a Comment